QuickBooks needs an internet connection for accounting tasks like sending payroll and tax forms, downloading updates, sharing emails, etc. Unfortunately, users sometimes have to deal with QuickBooks Error 12031 while running these accounting tasks. If your QB also gets struck by this network connectivity issue, continue reading the blog to learn about the conditions triggering it and the methods to stop it from blocking the tasks.
Let our QB support team resolve the error by approaching them at 1-855-856-0042 for assistance.
This QB error is an indication that network issues have developed on your system, leading to failure in the software’s online task. The potential conditions that trigger this connectivity error on your QB are discussed below-
- The TLS or SSL settings on your system are misconfigured, causing a lapse in the internet connection during QB tasks.
- You use a third-party web browser on your computer, which cannot efficiently perform QB functions due to incompatibility.
- Your network connection doesn’t provide the internet speed required to run QB smoothly on your computer.
Read More : How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15271
This error will interrupt almost all QB tasks that require the internet, like sending emails, software updates, or tax forms. The most reliable and effective ways to eliminate this connectivity issue are mentioned below-
Solution 1- Ensure the arrangement of TLS & SSL settings on your Windows is correct
Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) are protocols used in Windows to keep your system safe when it is connected to the internet and send your data securely in an encrypted format to prevent unauthorized access. However, if any of these settings aren’t correctly set, the applications on your system can face problems connecting to the internet or downloading data. QBDT’s internet connection can also lapse due to these incorrect settings, and the accounting tasks stop instantly. Refer to the following steps-
- You need to open the Internet Properties window using the Tools option in Internet Explorer or typing ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the Run window.
- Single-tap the Advanced tab and move down the settings list to find TLS & SSL.
- You have to mark the Use TLS 1.2 & Use SSL 3.0 checkboxes and unmark all the remaining checkboxes.
- Close the settings tab and retry the accounting task that initially caused this error.
If your QB task gets blocked by the error again, move to the next solution.
Solution 2- Ensure the web browser you use is compatible with QuickBooks
QuickBooks uses your system’s web browser to integrate with web services while performing online bookkeeping tasks. However, if your web browser is downloaded from a third-party source, it can be incompatible with QBDT. Set up the web browser settings using the following steps-
- Open the control panel menu on your computer and single-click the Apps options.
- Tap the Default Apps option in the left panel and find the Web Browser section in the next window.
- You need to select Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Edge for the best compatibility with QBDT.
This blog shares why QuickBooks Error 12031 appears during updates, sending tax forms, or other accounting tasks and terminates the process. The blog also has some of the best techniques to get rid of the issue, and we hope you apply them to run QB without any connectivity errors.
Consult our QB support team at 1-855-856-0042 if you run into problems using the solutions.
You Can Also Read : I Am Getting Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log Issue